1. Authorization. When you engage Apexx Advertising for the specific purpose of developing and/or improving a website, you authorize us to access your hosting account, and authorize your web hosting service to provide us with "write permission" for the your web pages, cgi-bin directories and any other directories or programs which need to be accessed for this project including mysql databases. You also authorize us to publicize the completed web site to search engines and other web directories and indexes.
2. Web Hosting. You must understand that any web hosting requires a separate contract with the hosting provider. You agree to select a web hosting service which allows us full access to the website and a cgi-bin directory via FTP and telnet. You further understand that if the web hosting service's operating system is not a Linux/Unix system, or there are limitations in place that will not allow some standard software to work, providing a substitute may incur additional charges.
3. Maintenance and Updates. Updates to content in your website are included for six (6) months at no additional cost. This includes changes to content (text), which must be provided in electronic format. It does not include changes to the site design or installing additional pages. Maintenance after the six month period for changes to the site will be billed at our normal hourly rate.
4. Content. You are responsible for writing and providing the content for your web site unless otherwise specified or agreed upon.
5. Software. In an effort to save our clients money, we usually recommend using open source software so the client will not be required to pay licensing fees for the use of the program. If you opt to use a licensed software program that requires licensing fees, you are solely responsible for the payment of these fees. Software programs have standard functionality and are customized by us during the design process to meet your needs as best possible. Any additional functionality beyond the standard parameters built into the software is dependent upon the availability of add-on modules. Modifying any software program or installing additional modules beyond that specified in the design estimate or after the site is completed will be billed at our normal hourly rate.
6. Technical Support. From time to time technical issues may arise where your website might not function as designed or intended. We will correct any technical issues in the functionality of your website and any software installed at no cost.
7. Modifications to Your Site. If you make any changes to your website yourself or use a third party to make changes to your website, we will not be responsible for the look or functionality of your site. Corrections to your website after changes have been made by you or a third party will be billed at our normal hourly rate.
8. Contacting Us. If you contact us by telephone for any reason other than a technical defect in your website or any programs or scripts installed in your site beyond the six-month maintenance period you will be billed for the call at our normal hourly rate. If you have questions regarding updates or changes to your site please contact us via email and we will provide an answer as best possible.
9. Completion. In the quote provided for your project we provide the estimate time it will take to be completed. This time frame may be longer if you fail to provide content in a timely fashion.
10. Initial Payment. An initial deposit (normally 50% of the estimated total cost, a minimum of $250.00) is due upon execution of an agreement. Final payment is due on completion or upon such other terms as may be agreed upon.
11. Payment of Fees. Fees are due and payable as detailed in the project estimate. In the event the client has not secured web space on a web hosting service by the time the web pages are completed, the web pages may be delivered to the client on CD or attached to an e-mail message. If the website is not completed within the time frame specified because you have failed to provide content as required, final payment will be due at the expiration of the time frame provided. Advertising the pages to web search engines occurs only after the final payment is made. All payments will be made in US funds by approved electronic transaction unless otherwise agreed upon.
12. Hourly Rates. Our normal hourly rate is $40.00 per hour. There is a fifteen (15) minute minimum for any updates or modifications to your site that are not included in the six month maintenance period or for any telephone consultation specified above.
13. Assignment of Project. While we prefer and try to perform all work in-house, we do reserve the right to assign subcontractors to your project to ensure proper function and on-time completion.
14. Copyrights and Trademarks. You represent to us and unconditionally guarantee that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to us for inclusion in your web pages are owned by the you, or that the you have permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend us and our subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the you.
15. Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce. From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. You agree that you are solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend us and our subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the your exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
16. Payment by Check. We typically accept payment via credit card but will however, accept payment by check only if agreed to beforehand. Because of increased and unfair bank fees and policies by some banks we no longer will accept any checks from Bank of America, CitiBank, Wachovia, Washington Mutual, Wells Fargo Bank, National City Bank, or Chase Bank. Additionally, because of extended check clearance periods, we no longer will accept any check drawn by a third party provider, as is the case with online check payment services provided through most banks. Checks must be made directly upon the bank and account to which the funds are drawn.
17. Late Payment Penalties. In order for us to remain in business, payments for services beyond the initial design fees must be made promptly and are due within 10 days of the date of invoice or as otherwise agreed upon or stated above. Delinquent bills will be assessed a $25 charge if payment is not received within 10 days of the invoice date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after its due date, an additional 5% penalty will be added for each month of delinquency. We reserve the right to remove web pages from viewing on the Internet until final payment is made. In case collection proves necessary, you agree to pay all fees incurred by that process.
These terms may be changed without notice.